Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sweden downs Mexico

It was an ugly game but Sweden beat Mexico 1-0.

I'll have highlights when they become available, but just wanted to get that out for now in case you didn't watch the game.

Guillermo Ochoa was in goal when Sweden scored as he shared duties with Oswaldo Sanchez by the way. Alexander Farnerud scored the only goal of the game in the 57th minute as he got free inside the box and banged a shot in off the left post.

The only Mexican players to play the whole game were Leobardo Lopez, Fausto Pinto, Pavel Pardo, Leandro Augusto and Alberto Medina. I'd say all five stand a shot of starting against the US.

ADD:

Okay, here is the goal:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

For some reason even though Mexico keeps losing, i rather watch them over the USA team, not because i was raised with the Mexican National team, but the way Mexico plays the ball, passes, moves, is more exciting then watching the USA play. Just my view Luis.

L.B. said...

I respect that. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

My son called me from the game. He said there were a couple of cute Swedish girls, but 90% Mexican. (not too surprising) I don't think he displayed his 1/8 Swedish heritage!

IASocFan