Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Local guys look for success

For me weekly PE column, I wanted to take a look at four of our local guys - and by "our" I mean guys who were either born in or have a connection with Riverside/San Bernardino counties. There are a handful of players from the area that I follow but I only had room for four.

Landon Donovan is a local guy, which is great because he is such a high-profile player. Chad Marshall, Maurice Edu and Ante Razov are three others from the area that I try and keep tabs on.

Anyway, the first three could play key roles for the US national team this year. Marshall probably has the biggest upside of the trio while Edu has the experience necessary to take the next step. Landon's only question will be: how many of the US games will he play in this year?

No comments: