Monday, November 17, 2008

MLS Cup: first look

I can say that I haven't been as excited for an MLS Cup final since 2005, when the Galaxy made it to the final to face New England in Frisco, Texas. I was lucky enough to go to that one and was covering the Galaxy more closely than I have been this season, which made it all the more exciting.

In 06 and 07, Chivas USA failed to make a run, the Galaxy failed to make the playoffs and the games were played well out of my driving range.

But now, the Columbus Crew and New York Red Bulls will do battle for the 13th edition of MLS Cup and it promises to be a good game and a good week of buildup. Make sure you check here for coverage of the game. I'll be out at the HDC at the end of the week for the festivities and such and will provide the usual coverage, and before then I'll try and flush out all the aspects of this game between two Eastern Conference teams, beginning with a pair of conference calls this morning.

No comments: