Friday, November 21, 2008

Hesmer speaks on Guille, Cup

I made it out to the very end of the Columbus Crew's training session on Thursday. I needed to talk to Chad Marshall and was able to chat with him (I'll post that audio later). Afterward I had the chance to jump in on an interview with William Hesmer. The other reporter started and asked him several questions and I got to ask Hesmer about the 2008 Defender of the Year.

The first part of the interview, though, Hesmer talks about Guilermo Barros Schelotto. Hesmer was glowing in his praise for the league's Most Valuable Player. Here's audio of the interview.

I've transcribed the first portion of it.

"For a guy who has accomplished as much as he had in his career, the status he has as an individual, you see a lot of guys who would come into this league who have maybe a little bit of an attitude or maybe a little bit of "Oh... I might take it a little bit easier today." But that's the exact opposite from Guillermo. He is hungry. He wants championship after championship. Every day at practice he's demanding. He wants to see the best of the team. He is demanding of others and himself. I think that's really taken us to the next level."

Then, the reporter asked him how important winning MVP was to Guille.

"I don't think being MVP means anything to him, honestly."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I might have missed it, but have you asked Sigi on coaching in LA, Chivas USA possible, again regardless of what happens Sunday?