Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Goal of the Year

Today is the last day to vote for MLS goal of the year. There are five goals up for the honor and I'll put the clips here for you to judge.

I have to say that, after watching these goals multiple times, the first one is the one I keep going back to. Here they are in the order I rank them in.

Cuauhtemoc Blanco vs. DC United:



Robbie Rogers vs. New York (wouldn't he love to repeat this scene on Sunday?)



Will Johnson vs. FC Dallas



Danny Cepero vs. Columbus (and wouldn't he love to repeat... well, he'll never repeat this one so nevermind...)



Geoff Cameron vs. FC Dallas (honestly, I don't see how this one belongs on the list)

Okay, so the link isn't up on Quick Kicks. Oh well. It really isn't much of a goal.

1 comment:

Jon said...

Cameron's goal was a last-minute laser that went upper 90 and tied the game. That's not enough for you?

My question is how did Cepero's goal make the list, let alone your No. 4 spot? The goal took no skill whatsoever.