Saturday, December 20, 2008

Withdrawals

First MLS abandoned me. Now the Mexican league season is over. I don't know what to do with myself now.

In the absence of any Mexican league games, here's a video of champions Toluca and their five best goals of the season. Notice who makes the list twice - Israel Lopez. I know he's not highly thought of but he may be one of the most under-appreciated players in all of Mexico. Not saying he's national team caliber necessarily but you could do a lot worse than him in the midfield if you're putting a team together. I love his set piece ability.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Israel Lopez has had caps with the MNT. I also think he is and underrated player and would be a good player to have in Chivas USA. He is nott too expensive, so bringing him here would not be as hard as bringing a Ramon Morales for example.

Zac said...

I've become a La Liga fan in the offseason.

Go Sevilla!