Sunday, December 7, 2008

Toluca finalista!

Obligations got the best of me today so I'm just getting around to this but Toluca bested Santos today in Nemesio Diez. Edgar Castillo scored for the visitors but Toluca was too much in the end as Edgar Duenas and Hector Raul Mancilla scored goals for los Diablos Rojos.

I will post highlights when I get home.

Toluca will now play Cruz Azul in the Apertura final. We will offer you plenty of analysis leading up to the finals here on The Touchline.

ADD: Here are the highlights. Also, as far as I can tell Edgar Castillo is the first American to score a goal in the Mexican league playoffs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you count the old respechje wild card round as part of the liguilla , U.S. born Gerardo Masacareno was actually the first gringo to score a goal in the liguilla.

Playing for Atlas in the Invierno 96 tournament,during the 61st minute ,scored the 4-0 goal in a 5-1 route of Monterrey in the first leg of the two game series.The game was played on 11-27-1996 at Monterrey Tech stadium.

I find it amazing that playing as a pro for over ten years and being a offensive player,(if I am not mistaken) he only scored one post season goal during his entire career.