Saturday, April 18, 2009

Chivas USA vs. Seattle Sounders FC - match coverage

Greetings. I'm at Home Depot Center and the Chivas-Seattle game is just kicking off. I'll be on here during the match and afterward. Probably won't do a minute-by-minute recap of the action but I'll chime in accordingly. I've got just the two stories to write and file at the whistle so I won't be as busy as usual, though I could always find things to occupy my time.

Anyway, enjoy the match.

10 - Fredy Montero almost scored an incredible goal. He had a breakaway just now, walked past the Chivas defense and had Zach Thornton charging towards him. But from about 22 yards, Montero tried to chip the 'keeper but pushed his shot just wide of the goal.

32 - Sorry. Got distracted by another story I had to finish for Goal.com. See what I mean about occupying my time? Anyway, Chivas just scored. It was an own goal as James Riley knocked a ball into the back of the net, but Jonathan Bornstein set that goal up perfectly. He used his speed to get past a Seattle defender and put a lot on his centering pass, enough so that Riley's clearance attempt, no matter what he got on it, was going into the goal.

No comments: