Monday, February 2, 2009

Fun with Frankie

I went out to US camp on Sunday and was the only reporter out there. I'm sure everyone else had last-minute Super Bowl preparations to get ready but I was going to be in that area anyway so I figured why not go and talk to some of the US players while there.

One of the players I had the chance to talk to was Frankie Hejduk. I hadn't really planned on talking to him but the more I thought about it the more I figured it would be good to get his thoughts on US-Mexico. After all, he played many games against Mexico when the US didn't have the kind of success they now enjoy against El Tri.

I wanted to ask him about the game in Columbus, about the cold weather and what sort of affect it would have on the players and on the game but I couldn't recall instantly whether he had played in the game (he didn't, incidentally).

So I asked him if he had indeed played in that match.

"I can't remember '07 let alone '01. That's a good question."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks like he might be starting.