Monday, November 3, 2008

Buddle on season

One of the best things about having a blog is the ability to use random notes and information. This isn't exactly random but I haven't used it for anything and don't foresee using it for anyone.

After the Galaxy season ended on Oct. 26, I talked to Edson Buddle about the season. I originally wanted to do some sort of season-ending piece for last week's PE column. I ended up writing on Landon Donovan and his thoughts on Europe (we'll get back to this in a minute) so this Buddle chat went unused.

After I was done in the FC Dallas locker room, I went to the Galaxy's locker room and it was dead quiet. It was mostly that way because there wasn't anyone in there. Edson Buddle was dressed, putting on his shoes but he was all alone so I sat next to him. I talked to Buddle about how the season went, asked him if he could figure out specifically what the problems were and asked him about next year. Anyway, here's the audio so you can hear for yourself what he had to say.

Now, back to Landon. As I was talking to Buddle, Donovan came in and went to his locker. He was getting himself ready before going to the press conference but I talked to him in the locker room before he went and talked to everyone else. I'll have the audio from my chat with him coming up late today or tomorrow so keep an eye out for that.

No comments: