Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Another vote

Yes, the presidential election is over but I'm stumped now on another vote. I don't usually vote for this but for the purposes of this blog I figured I'd try and pick out some favorite goals of the year. Well, not really favorite I suppose but ones I thought were worthy of being nominated for Goal of the Year.

First, here's the link. There are 35 goals. They're billed as "35 great goals" but not all of them are great, trust me. Some of them show a great piece of skill while others are a bit fluky, including the two well-past-midfield bombs scored by David Beckham and Danny Cepero.

The voting process is simple enough: from these, 10 will be selected and then another round of voting will follow. You only get to pick one, though. At first, I thought I'd get to pick 10. Oh well. Guess that makes it harder.

I'm partial to the vicious, well-struck, long-range bomb and there are quite a few in there. I like Brandon McDonald's goal in Week 29 and Tom McManus' goal in Week 9. Robbie Rogers had a good strike on Week 26 while teammate Brad Evans finished the year off with a good goal.

I don't know, though. I think if I have to choose one it's Cuauhtemoc Blanco's goal from Week 7. It's quite a goal. To hit it that strong from that far away with the left foot to boot... well, that's just a great goal. See for youreslf. And then go vote for it. Or another one.

3 comments:

just another one of you said...

How can you not vote for that goal?!? No one could have stopped that shot. It's almost as good as this one - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nvp1EYnPIM

L.B. said...

Thanks for sharing the link. What a golazo! Love those kinds of goals!

Phillip said...

I prefer Gallardo's goal against RSL.