Thursday, October 30, 2008

Here we are again

After not blogging for a week, I've come to the realization that I need to blog. It feels like the soccer world is whizzing past me and I'm just a bystander on the side of the street. Sure, I've had my say on several things this week, have gotten a few stories published but I've stifled myself. There have been plenty of thoughts that have surfaced in my mind that I've not been able to express. I mean, I couldn't exactly talked about the Galaxy in my MLS playoffs preview, right?

I've got some audio clips to put up, some stories to share, thoughts to peruse but nowhere to do it. Sure, I could have stayed on with Sideline Views and kept that running but that was really something that was an LB and AC creation. I felt like I need my own space, set up my own standards and build something from the ground up.

So if you're here, thanks for checking out my now trusty blog. I hope you will bookmark this page and check back every now and again to see what I've got to say about the world of soccer. Lord knows, I've always got some sort of opinion on something.

Anyway, I wanted to set down some ground rules or expectations or whatever you want to call them. Not that I really had any before - I let the readers dictate where I wanted to take the blog - but now I feel like I am way more prepared with this blogging thing that I was before.

- Breaking stories or providing updates is not necessarily the theme of this blog. The one thing I want for this blog to be is fun. I want it to be fun and exciting when I think of it and if I start to post scores and stuff from around the soccer world it will become not fun. Not fun means less posts. If it were not fun and I were getting paid, well, that's a different story. But being as I am not getting paid (and I'll get back to this point), I want this to be a fun experience for me and you.

- On the payment part, I don't expect to get paid. I'm not looking to get enough readers to try and sell ads or anything.

- It would be great to have an abundance of readers but that's not my goal. If you come here and like what you see, come back. If you come here and don't care for what I'm providing, move on. There are lots of other soccer blogs and sites out there.

- This is my blog. If I want to cuss, that's my fucking prerogative.

- I reserve the right to post on non-soccer things. I like music and movies and all that so I may chime in on, say the Metallica concert I'm going to here in Ontario in December or whatever. They may be random and may only appear every now and then but don't be surprised if you see them. I'm not going to bore you with that stuff but I'll throw some things out there time and again that have nothing to do with soccer.

- I hope to post daily, in fact multiple times a day, but sometimes I may have real life issues that need dealing with. If so, give me some time. I've decided to make this commitment so I intend on following through with it.

- These are the things that interest me the most in the footballing world, so these are the things I will post about: Major League Soccer, Mexican soccer, US national team, Mexico national team, Chivas USA, Los Angeles Galaxy. To be honest, I don't give a fuck about English soccer. Sorry. I would rather watch Columbus play Real Salt Lake than watch Liverpool play West Ham.

Well there you go. I may add some more later. But for now, I wanted to put this up and let you know that I'm back and on my own.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet, let's do this fucking thing!! haha. I was hoping you'd start your own blog.

Anonymous said...

Im surprised you closed down the other blog. It was a lot of fun IMO and Im sure people were enjoying the new video blogs too (wink, wink).

Im waiting for your book to come out!!

Evan said...

Great to see you back! Glad I kept Sideline Views in my Google Reader--I probably wouldn't know about this new one otherwise.

betch said...

Welcome back!

starinyourfire said...

looking forward to this.

Anonymous said...

Alright! Back in business. Thanks.

Freon said...

Sweet!

Anonymous said...

love the new blog!

Anonymous said...

Yea, you're back! Glad I stumbled upon this place. Now I have to get caught up.

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back - I found you again from duNord. Another quality blog added to google reader...

Anonymous said...

YES! You're back!

scaryice said...

Great to see you back.

You really need to remove wvhooligan from your list of links, they have blatantly plagiarized many other soccer blogs, including my own, Ives, 3rddegree, and others. See here for more:

http://usasoccer.blogspot.com/2008/09/wvhooligancom-blatantly-plagiarizes.html

scaryice said...

oops, let's try that link again

Anonymous said...

excellent!

A.C. said...

Luis is loose!

Awesome, my friend.